India, 63′, HD DV CAM
Director: Parul Wadhwa
Production company: Parwad Films
SINOPSIS / SYNOPSIS
Red Brigade, a motley group of young women, here to provide a solution and pledge for gender based violence and the rape-crisis in India.
Parul Wadhwa is an indie filmmaker moving between documentary, hybrid forms and asian art-house cinema.
She comes from a varied background of curating film festivals, archiving film memorabilia , managing film and video art residencies, restoration and colour grading. She has previously worked in Bollywood (India), South Korea, the UK and the USA.
She holds a Masters degree in English Language and Literature from the Jawaharlal Nehru University ( JNU) in India and a Certificate in Asian Film from the Korean Film Council (KOFIC), SouthKorea; specializing in Asian film policies and industries of various Asian countries.
She is also the recipient of several grants and fellowships, amongst a few being the prestigious American Film Institute (AFI)’s Emerging Film Fellowship.
She is currently based between New York City and Delhi.
- Director, Los Sures, Interactive Documentary, Uniondocs, NYC, USA 2013-2014.
- Director, Flower Child, 16mm, Documentary, NGO/Independent, India, 2013.
- Director, Several short projects, Interactive documentary, Cityguide USA, 2010-12.
- Director, Redefining Old, Metropolis TV, DV, Documentary, 2009-10.
- Director, Technophilia, Digibeta, Fiction-short, 13mins. KOFIC, 2009.
- Director, Toys, DV, PSA-Fiction, 4 mins. Swaraj Films, 2008.
- Director, Hard Times, Documentary, 15mins. Khoj Studios, 2008.
- Director, Waiting, Fiction, 3mins, Mini DV. Korean Film Council.2008.
- Director and Scriptwriter, Split Ends, Fiction, DV, 13 mins, 2007.
- Camera and Editing, The Tailor, Documentary, Mini DV, 10 mins, Swaraj Films 2007.
- Director and Co-Editor, Urban Delirium, Experimental Fiction, Mini DV, 7mins, 2007.
- Assistant Director, Elephants in the North East, Documentary, Digi-Beta, 40 mins, Multimedia Productions, 2006.
- Assistant Director, Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, Documentary, Digi-Beta, 50 mins, Multimedia Productions, 2006.
- Production Assistant, TV and News Bytes, CNBC TV18, 2005.
- Various video and sound art projects for Khoj International Artists Association.
PRODUCTORA / PRODUCTION COMPANY
Parwad Films has delivered high-quality content for broadcasters like VPRO (Netherlands), Cityguide (USA), Visiblevison (Germany), Videoagency (France), NDTV (India), World Wide Fund (WWF-India) etc and line produced for several creative non-fiction from around the world.
In the past, Parwad has done collaborative work and partnerships with VSA (Visual Society of Arts, USA), AFI-Silverdocs Film Festival (USA), KAFA (Korean Academy of Film Arts), KOFIC (Korean Film Council, South Korea), The Rainbow Collective CIC (UK), Engagemedia (Australia), Blackboard Films(Germany), TXAP (Indonesia), Mukta Arts (India), Reliance ADA (India) and many others.