Need funding for your project? Present and pitch your idea to the best possible audience!
– Wednesday, 5th November , 2014 –
The Pitching program is structured in two phases:
Main Pitch Session (presenting the project in public)
10:00 am – 12:00 am
Each selected project will be briefly presented by its director and/or producer before a panel composed of commissioning editors (who are responsible for TV funding) and distributors invited to attend the MiradasDoc Market. A brief DVD demo-reel of the project may be shown to the audience as part of the presentation (maximum duration 4 minutes) The pitch session will be presided over by an expert moderator and will also include the active participation of decision-makers who will share information about the sort of programs that interest them, their channels’ editorial slants and their companies with filmmakers and producers.
One-to-One Individual Pitch Meeting
12:30 pm – 14:00 pm
In a second stage, each project may be individually presented to members of the panel for discussion.
The main aims of these sessions are:
* To fund documentary projects through coproduction or pre-buy agreements to be signed with broadcasters and distributors.
* To enrich and develop project proposals with suggestions from commissioning editors following these face-to-face encounters.
***MiradasDoc Market provides translation services.
Who may submit a project?
Producers from Asia, Africa and Latin America, as well as producers from other countries with projects to be produced in so-called southern countries or whose themes deal with north-south relations. Social issues and human interest stories are welcome.
Language of project to be registered
Spanish or English.
Requirements for submitting a project
You may submit your project by filling out the MIRADASDOC MARKET entry form at www.miradasdoc.com. Registration is free of charge. Please read the rules for submission before completing the form.
The deadline for submissions is August 25, 2014.
Checklist for submitting a project:
* Completed entry form (to be filled out online in the MiradasDoc Market Pitching section).
It is very important that you should keep within the maximum number of words for each section on the form. You will find further details on each field required in the form.
- Research Plan
- Budget (in Euro, or $USDollars).
- Funding Plan
- Production Plan
- Director’s Filmography
- Company Profile
If the project is selected, the organization will be in touch in order to update this information (request pictures, etc.). The date on which the works selected will be notified is the second week in September 2014.
- DEVELOPMENT PRIZE: MIRADASDOC will award 2,000€ to a project which shall be invested in the preproduction stage. For this purpose, it will be necessary to sign a contract specifying the award’s conditions: one-year term, delivery of documentary evidence (invoices, etc.).
- MIRADASDOC AND SUBBABEL PRIZE FOR TRANSLATION AND SUBTITLES:
The award-winning Spanish company, SUBBABEL, specialized in audiovisual translation, subtitling, voice over, audio-description and sign language presents this prize together with MIRADASDOC:
– Free Translation and Subtitling into Spanish of a documentary of 80 minutes’ maximum duration. If the documentary is already in Spanish, subtitling for the deaf and the hard of hearing will be offered instead.
– Reduction of 35% in the price for subtitling the same documentary in another language to be chosen from Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese or German. The normal price is nine euros per minute.
The script, transcription or dialogue list will be required.
- TREELINE DISTRIBUTION CONSULTANCY AWARD:
The prize consists of two advisory sessions on the project:
– The first: At the development stage
– The second: Once the documentary is finished.
The objective: To offer a guide of the most suitable festivals according to the content and style of the documentary and the best commercial distribution strategy to follow (selection of distributor or sales agent, broadcasters, internet, cinemas, etc.)
TREELINE DISTRIBUTION is a Spanish distribution company created by Luisa Romeo and Elena Mera, two professionals with long careers in national and international production and distribution. Romeo has worked in companies such as Filmanova, Explora Films and Transglobe Films, among others, and Mera at Antena 3 TV, New Atlantis and Plural Entertainment.
Luisa Romeo is also general manager of the Frida Films production company, whose feature-length documentaries “The Eternauta´s wife”, and “The Incredibles” have been nominated and/or have won prizes at a number of festivals: San Sebastián International Film Festival, Sitges, Málaga, Guadalajara (Mexico), Goteborg Film Festival, Docavic (Israel), Montreal…
Treeline Distribution distributes content from Canal Odisea, Wanda Films, Canal Extremadura, Frida Films…
Registration period and fees
Call for entries is open between June 20, 2014 and August 25, 2014.
Registration is free of charge.
Once the projects have been selected (there will be a maximum of 10 projects), producers must pay a 100€ fee in order to take part in the pitch sessions.
This fee includes:
- Participation in the two-day pitching workshop (4th and 5th November) given by the expert, Marijke Rawe.
- The right for the producers or film-makers to present their project at the Pitching sessions on 5th November 2014.
- Lunch Tickets for 3rd, 4th (Pitching Workshop) and 5th November.
Selected producers/filmmakers must cover their own accommodation and travel expenses to and from the island of Tenerife.
MiradasDoc offers selected projects coming from outside the Canary Islands:
- Up to three nights accommodation, for one representative of each project. (conditions to be consulted with MiradasDoc team)
For more information: [email protected]
Ph: +34 677 86 89 85