NEED FUNDING FOR YOUR PROJECT? PRESENT AND PITCH YOUR IDEA TO THE BEST POSSIBLE AUDIENCE!
Our Pitching program is structured in two phases:
MAIN PITCH SESSION (PUBLIC PRESENTATION OF THE PROJECT)
Each selected project will be briefly presented (10 minutes) by its director and/or producer before a panel composed of commissioning editors (who are responsible for TV funding) and distributors attending the MiradasDoc Market. A brief DVD demo-reel of the project may be shown to the audience as part of the presentation (maximum duration: 3 or 4 minutes). The pitch session will be presided over by an expert moderator and will also include the active participation of decision-makers who will share information about the sort of programs that interest them, their channels’ editorial slants and their companies with filmmakers and producers.
The list of Commissioning Editors will be published very soon in this website.
ONE-TO-ONE INDIVIDUAL PITCH MEETINGS
In a second stage, each project may be individually presented to members of the panel for discussion. (between 8 to 10 minutes).
The main aims of these sessions are:
- To fund documentary projects through coproduction or pre-buy agreements to be signed with broadcasters and distributors.
- To enrich and develop project proposals with suggestions from commissioning editors following these face-to-face encounters.
During this sessions, MiradasDoc Market provides simultaneous translation services.
WHO MAY SUBMIT A PROJECT?
Producers from all around the world whose projects deal with human interest stories and social issues. We pay special attention to films being produced or filmed in South America, Africa and Asia.
LANGUAGE OF PROJECT TO BE REGISTERED
Projects can be presented in Spanish or English.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMITTING A PROJECT
You may submit your project by filling out the MiradasDoc Market entry form at www.miradasdoc.com. Registration is free of charge. Please read the rules carefully for submission before completing the form.
– The period for submissions is closed. Call for African Projects is open until February 15, 2019. Please complete the entry form (to be filled out online).
- Budget (in €, Euro; or $, US Dollars)
- Funding Plan
- Director’s Filmography
- Company Profile
– A committe of experts will evaluate each project submitted and will select ten out of the list. If the project is selected, the organization will be in touch in order to update this information (request pictures, etc.).
REGISTRATION PERIOD AND FEES
The period for submissions is closed. Submission for African projects: February 15, 2019. Registration is free of charge.
Once the projects have been selected (there will be a maximum of 10 projects), producers must pay a 100€ fee in order to take part in the pitch sessions.
– The list of 10 projects selected will be online throughout last week of March 2019. This fee includes:
- Participation in the three-day pitching workshop given by the expert XXX.
- The right for the producers or film-makers to present their project at the Pitching sessions.
- Lunch Tickets for the market days.
- Selected producers and/or filmmakers must cover their own travel expenses to and from the island of Tenerife. In some cases MiradasDoc offers accommodation grants. Please see below:
Special conditions are to be consulted.