Are you looking for funding for your project? Present it at the MIRADASDOC Professional Forum!
Our Pitching programme is organised into 2 phases:
PITCH SESSION (PUBLIC PRESENTATION OF THE PROJECT)
The director and/or producer of each selected project will make a brief 7minute presentation to the panel of Commissioning Editors (responsible for TV funding), guest distributors invited by MiradasDoc Market, directors of film festivals, and public and private film institutions. We recommend showing a demo or trailer of the project during the presentation, as long as it is no more than three minutes long.
Afterwards, the international professional guests will give their feedback of the presentation and will actively participate in the debate. This will be supervised by the moderator-facilitator, sharing information with the selected documentary filmmakers about their interest as regards programming their channels, as well as the editorial lines of their companies.
(The list of Commissioning Editors present will be published in the Market section as they confirm their assistance).
The second phase is an opportunity for each project to be presented and discussed on an individual basis with the different members of the panel of distributors, Commissioning Editors and directors of the festivals in meetings lasting approximately 7 minutes.
These sessions seek the following objectives:
- To finance documentary projects through co-production or pre-purchasing agreements with the representatives of the channels or distributing companies.
- To enrich and develop the proposals through personal, face-to-face meetings with the Commissioning Editors, film directors and the suggestions made by these regarding each project.
During these sessions, MiradasDoc Market provides a simultaneous interpreting service.
Who can present projects?
Producers and directors from all over the world, whose projects address issues related to Africa and Latin America.
IN WHAT LANGUAGE SHOULD THE PROJECT BE PRESENTED?
Projects can be presented in Spanish or English.
REQUIREMENTS TO SUBMIT A PROJECT
To submit a project, please fill in the form you will find in this section.
Registering for the project is free of charge, but before sending us the information please read the regulations.
- A 3-night hotel stay for 1 person, in a shared room (from 4 to 7 February)
- Expenses for 4 days of meals (from 4 to 7 February)
- Airport pick-up
- Shuttle bus from the hotel to the market.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Deadline: Only projects submitted by 8 November 2019 will be accepted.
– To present your project you must fill in this online registration form that you will find on our website under the Market tab, Pitching section.
– When filling in this form, bear in mind the maximum number of characters in each field. You will find more information about each field in the form:
- Budget (in Euros)
- Financing plan
- Director’s filmography
- Company profile
– If the project is selected, the organisation will contact the director/producer to complete the information required (images, technical sheet, English or Spanish version of the project, etc.)
– The list of selected projects will be published on the website during the last week of November 2019.
– Once a maximum of 10 projects have been selected, producers/filmmakers must pay a €50 fee to take part in the pitching sessions. Said quota includes:
- Taking part in the 3-day long pitching workshop with the expert-consultant Stephanie Lukowicz.
- The right for producers or filmmakers to present their project in the Pitching sessions.
- Miradasdoc Market credentials and catalogue.
– Travel expenses to the festival on the island of Tenerife are the responsibility of the selected producers/directors. In some cases, there are allowances for the stay. Please see below:
ALLOWANCES FOR THE STAY